Sunday, September 20, 2020

A penny for your thoughts

I saw this black squirrel standing in the middle of Kalvin avenue, oblivious of the surrounding, doing some introspection, I guess. She was completely frozen in place but my camera click disturbed her train of thought. She looked at me for an instant and then ran up to a nearby tree. I wonder what was going on behind those black bubble eyes. 

Squirrels certainly do have a notion of the future. That is why they obsessively hoard nuts for the coming winter. But do they reminisce about the past or question their life choices from time to time as we do. That is true for all non-human minds on earth. We have just started to understand the intricate working of the human grey matter.  It would be fascinating when we will be able to peer into such alien intellects.

No comments:

Post a Comment